Welcome from Kevin Donnelly, Admission Director
Is Far Hills right for your child? It’s all about the fit. Watch the video.
At Far Hills our vibrant classrooms offer a unique combination of academic rigor, creative curriculum and innovative differentiation. We offer a balanced approach to education that values academic excellence and character development. Our graduates matriculate to high school as confident, capable, well-rounded, creative thinkers with real-world skills that they carry through life.
How do we do it?
Small class size and expert teachers who specialize in primary and middle school-aged children are the key. Lessons are multi-disciplinary and weave together traditional curriculum, our proprietary social/emotional curriculum and the Mission Skills. Our classrooms are full of lively discussion, deep inquiry and respect for all voices. We provide a safe learning environment in an intentionally developed caring community that allows for reasonable risk-taking and develops resilience.
Our comprehensive program provides an unparalleled education with instruction in math, science, English, the arts, physical education, world languages, health and wellness, history, public speaking and manners.
Come and see for yourself!
Visiting the school is the best way to see the Far Hills difference. You will see our programs in action by watching students and teachers actively engage in the learning process. You’ll witness differentiation within each classroom not just by ability level but by activity – with instruction tailored to how each child learns best. And you’ll experience the Far Hills community that feels like family – it’s a school like no other!
- We have outstanding teachers who specialize in primary and middle school education.
- We teach a rigorous traditional curriculum delivered through a progressive methodology.
- We measure success and have proven results. We measure both the tangible (through standardized test scores) and the “intangible” (through the Mission Skills Assessment which evaluates teamwork, resilience, ethics, creativity, time management and intrinsic motivation).
- We integrate age-appropriate technology throughout the Far Hills journey and teach students to be ethical, responsible and discerning users of technology.
- We teach more than academics – self-confidence, respect for others, integrity and personal comportment are all part of character development at Far Hills.
- We believe in academics with a personal connection. Ours is a school where everyone knows your name.
- We are a family-oriented school that invites parents into our classrooms and welcomes their participation. We are our families’ neighborhood.